In this document, page numbers refer to the green Tefillot, unless stated otherwise. In case there are two numbers, the second refers to the second number refers to the Koren Chumash for KKTT Amsterdam. Other books referred to are the Moadim and the Rosh Hashanah book.
A printable version of the total topic can be downloaded.
On the Shabbat before the fast of 17 Tammuz, the
chazzan announces the upcoming fast (צום
הרביעי) before Musaf.
2. For prayers on 17 Tammuz, see pages on public fast.
3. During the “three weeks” שהחינו is not said and one may not get married (SRP).
During the “three weeks” at
the end of the weekdays Shacharit, the “עץ חיים” lines (tefillot,
page 225) are replaced by five verses of Eicha.
All Avelim (mourners) say Kaddish.
5. The three Shabbatot staring after 17 Tammuz have special haftarot.
7. On the second Shabbat the haphtarah (שמעו) is read by the chazzan on the special melody.
8. On the last Shabbat of Tammuz, the upcoming month is announced without the יהי רצון, the chazzan starts with מי שעשה נסים.
© Copyright JBS, 2005-2021; The information on this website may be used for non profit purposes.