Tevet - Shevat
In this document, page numbers refer to the green Tefillot, unless stated otherwise. In case there are two numbers, the second refers to the second number refers to the Koren Chumash for KKTT Amsterdam. Other books referred to are the Moadim and the Rosh Hashanah book.
A printable version of the total topic can be downloaded.
1. On the Shabbat before the fast of 10 Tevet, the chazzan announces the upcoming fast (צום העשירי יהיה ביום) before Musaf
2. For prayers on 10 Tevet, see pages on public fast.
3. If 10 Tevet is on Friday then Mincha is read early. Compared to the normal Mincha on שמע קולי and ק-ל ארך אפים are skipped. After the Torah reading יענך is replaced by שיר המעלות בשוב.
1. The night of 15th of Shevat a Limud is held.
2. On the 15th of Shevat no Techinot are said morning and afternoon, if it is Shabbat, צדקתך is not said.
3. On Shabbat Shira (בשלח), the שירה , including ויושע and תביאמו, are sung with the high cantillations. The chazzan repeats ויושע and תבאמו. After כי בא he repeats the lat verse ויאמר on the high melody.
4. On Shabbat Shira (בשלח) the Chacham is called as 3rd to read the Shira (שירת הים).
5. On Shabbat יתרו the Chacham is called as 7th (משלים) to read the 10 commandments (עשרת הדברות)
© Copyright JBS, 2005-2021; The information on this website may be used for non profit purposes.