In this document, page numbers refer to the green Tefillot, unless stated otherwise. In case there are two numbers, the second refers to the second number refers to the Koren Chumash for KKTT Amsterdam. Other books referred to are the Moadim and the Rosh Hashanah book.
A printable version of the total topic can be downloaded.
1. Shabbat before Rosh Hashanah
a. If Rosh Hashanah starts on Monday or Tuesday, then the chazzan announces “Estas Mitswoth severem tambem para esta tarde e o fin da semana” (the assignment is also for this afternoon the rest of the week). For Rosh Hashanah itself, other assignments are made.
b. During Arvit Shabbat completion, שובה is skipped and the word ששת in the הבדלה are not said, unless Rosh Hashanah is on the next Shabbat.
c. See also point below on ערוב
2. If Rosh Hashanah is on Thursday & Friday, the Chazzan reminds to make ערוב (“Vosses tens obrigação de fazar ngerub”). This should be done on Tuesday before Arvit, but if there is no service, it is better to announce it on the Shabbat before.
3. The morning before Rosh Hashanah Techinot are not read, not even during Selichot.
4. In the morning before Rosh Hashanah the Hashcavot of the 29th of the month are read after קדיש תתקבל or before Hanoteen.
5. In the morning before Rosh Hashanah the התרת נדרים is said.
6. For prayers on Rosh Hashanah, see pages on High Festivals.
7. Second day Rosh Hashanah conclusion:
a. Before the Amidah, the pergão “Diraõ vosses a Amidah de Saliente Sabbath, com os versos de Contriçaõ” (you shall say the Amidah of Shabbat conclusion and the Yeme Tesuba) is announced.
b. If this is on Friday night, the, the pergão will be “Diraõ vosses na Amidah o versos de Contriçaõ” (you shall say the Amidah of and the Yeme Tesuba).
c. Unless it is Shabbat, the Selichot are said after the Amidah with the extensions for the Yeme Teshuvah and after עלינו the chazzan announces to make הבדלה over a cup only “Dirão vosses a habdala sobre ó vaso“.
8. The 3rd of Tishri is Tsom Gedalja, nothing special, for prayers, see pages on public fast.
9. During the morning Selichot from 3-9 Tishri צשר"ת is blown on the shofar towards the end of the ויעבור, followed by.תודיענו. In the final קדיש, a תשר"ת תש"ת, תר"ת sequence is blown before תענו.
10. The whole 10 days אבינו מלכנו is said during Shacharit and Mincha after the Amidah including Friday afternoon, but not on Shabbat.
11. On Shabbat Teshuvah:
a. The Haschava for the Auto Da Fé for Rachel Dias Fernades is recited.
b. If there is no Shabbat between Yom Kippur and Sukkot, the on Shabbat Teshuvah after the Kaddish Titkabal before the parasha the Chazzan recites the שלוש פעמים (tefillot, page 227) and adds the Mi Shebeirach with offertas (כפי ערך הקצוב) for the festivals. Else this is done on the Shabbat before Sukkoth.
c. If Yom Kippur is Monday or Wednesday then on Shabbat Teshuvah, after assigning the Mitzvot (honors) the chazzan announces “Estas Mitswoth severem tambem para esta tarde e o fin da semana” (the assignment is also for this afternoon the rest of the week). For Yom Kippur itself, other assignments are made.
d. On Shabbat Teshuba the Chacham or Rabbi is called for Maftir to read the Haftarh שובה ישראל.The lines מי א-ל כמוך onwards are read by the congregants and repeated by the Chacham.
e. If Yom Kippur will be on Shabbat, then at Shabbat Teshuvah conclusion שובה ה' עד מתי and the word ששת in the הבדלה are skipped.
12. The day before Erev Kippur (8 Tishri) after Mincha the time the fasting will start the next day is announced. If it is Shabbat, it will be announced before Hanoteen: “Manhá a tarde, se deve ter tomáda a Entrade de jejum as (sabbat time) aõ mais tardar” (Tomorrow In the afternoon, you must have taken the fast entry at (Shabbat time) at the latest).
13. The day before Kippur (9 Tishri):
a. Techinot are not read, not even during Selichot.
b. Shacharit מזמור לתודה (tefillot page 36) is not read.
c. Mincha before Yom Kippur is always as early as possible. The Chazzan of Kal Nidre will be the Chazzan of Mincha.
d. Mincha before Yom Kippur with silent וידוי, אבינו מלכנו Kaddish שיר המעלות ממעמקים .
e. Before Mincha preceding Kippur, the big cupper candlesticks in front of the hechal are replaced by thick candles on simple metal plates. Also the four big candles on the Tebah (Bima) corners are lit after Mincha and stay on. The candles on the Tebah are lit by the chazzanim, the rest by the rabbinate, and nowadays, by whoever is available. All these are let after Mincha and stay on, until the end of Kippur.
14. For prayers on Yom Kippur, see pages on High Festivals.
15. As of Yom Kippur, Techinot are not said till after Rosh Chodesh Cheshvan.
16. The morning after Yom Kippur, בית יעקב is replaced by psalm 85 (tefillot, page 80) רצית ה' את ארצך followed by Kaddish for Avelim (mourners). If it is Thursday, this psalm is read in front of the Hechal and no Haschavot are said.
17. If there is Shabbat between Yom Kippur and Sukkot:
a. After the Kaddish Titkabal before the parasha the Chazzan recites the שלוש פעמים (tefillot, page 227) and adds the Mi Shebeirach with offertas (כפי ערך הקצוב) for the festivals.
b. At Shabbat conclusion, “שובה” is skipped, staring with “אורך ימים”, and so the word ששת in the הבדלה.
1. For prayers on Sukkot, Hoshangana Rabba & Simchat Torah, see pages on Regalim (to be made)
2. If the first days of Sukkot are on Thursday & Friday, then
3. If the Yom Tov is on Shabbat, then before the Parasha in the morning Hashcavot are read for everyone who died in the previous week.
4. End 2nd day Yom Tov before the Amidah the Chazzan announces “Dirão vosses a Amidah de saliente de Sabbat com os versos de Pasqua ” (You will say in the Amidah אתה חוננתנו and יעלה ויבא).
5. During Medianos (חול המועד)
a. The mistvot are assigned each day, for that specific day only.
b. The chazzan says all Kaddishim (mourners say no Kaddish, alike Shabbat en Yom Tob).
שיר של יום
(page 76-80) is replaced by psalms 42-43 (Moadim page 1) מנצח משכיל
The phrases בית יעקב followed
d. Mincha psalm 67 (page 85) למנצח בנגינת מזמור שיר is replaced by psalm 43 (Moadim page 1) שפטני.
Arvit psalm 121 (page 100) שיר למעלות
אשא עיני is replaced by psalm
122 (page 31)
6. Shabbat Medianos (חול המועד):
7. The night of Hoshangana Rabba a Limud is held.
8. On Hoshangana Rabba the big candlesticks in front of the hechal are replaced by think candles.
9. If Shemini Atsere is on Shabbat, after assigning the Mitzvot (honors) the chazzan announces: “Estas Mitswoth severem tambem para esta tarde e o fin da semana” (the assignment is also for this afternoon and the rest of the week).
10. If Sichat Torah is on Sunday, before the Amidah Shabbat conclusion the Chazzan announces “Dirão vosses na Amidah o verso Watodienoe y hisistes nos saber” Your will say the verse Watdienoe you let us know.
11. Simchat Torah conclusion the Chazzan reminds to say אתה חוננתנו “Dirão vosses a Amidah de saliente de Sabbat“, and after the tefillah to make הבדלה over a cup only “Dirão vosses a habdala sobre ó vaso“.
12. On the Simchat Torah day, the last Kaddish of Mincha is sung in the special melody.
13. Isru Chag: Tefila as usual, but after קדיש תתקבל (page 74) ברוך הבא (page 158) is sung, replacing בית יעקב (page 76). If there is Torah reading, this is sung by the chazzan when returning the Sefer, in front of the Hechal.Shabbat Bershit has not been celebrated after the war
© Copyright JBS, 2005-2021; The information on this website may be used for non profit purposes.